Teachers - LAT
My name is Laurie Lam and I will be teaching grade 4 for the 2018-2019 school year.
This is my 23rd year teaching with Red Deer Public schools and I am so grateful to work with amazing kids every day.
I am married to Peter and have two boys, Eric and Chris. Eric is in grade 11 and Chris is in grade 7. Both boys love sports and being goofy! I love superhero movies, going for walks, taking naps, giggling and reading.
My most favourite thing to do is read. I am a voracious reader. If you have a favourite book, I want to hear about it! Please tell me! Here are some of my favourites:
- the Harry Potter series, by J.K. Rowling
- the Percy Jackson series, by Rick Riordan
- The Running Dream, by Wendelin Van Draanen
- Out of My Mind, by Sharon Draper
- Loki's Wolves, by K.L. Armstrong and M.A. Marr
- Odin's Ravens, by K.L. Armstrong and M.A. Marr
- Thor's Serpents, by K.L. Armstrong and M.A. Marr
- Kid President's Guide to Being Awesome, by Brad Montague and Bobby Novak
- Fish in a Tree, by Lynda Mullaly Hunt
- Rules, by Cynthia Lord
- OCDaniel, by Wesley King
- Tough Guys(Have Feelings Too), by Keith Negley
- The Total Tragedy of a Girl Named Hamlet, Erin Dionne
- Greetings from Somewhere series, by Harper Paris
- The Ascendance Trilogy, by Jennifer A. Nielsen
- Stanford Wong Flunks Big-Time, by Lisa Yee
- so many more I don't have room to type them all!