Teachers - LAT
My name is Laurie Lam and I am one of the school's Learning Assistance Teachers (LAT's) and I also teach grade 3 with Mr. Julian.
This is my 22nd year teaching with Red Deer Public schools and I am so grateful to work with amazing kids every day. I love working to ensure that each child accesses the curriculum in the way that best fits her or his learning style. If you'd like to learn more about what LAT's do at Mattie, please click this link: LAT Page
I am married to Peter and have two boys, Eric and Chris. Eric is in grade 10 this year and Chris is in grade 6. Both boys love sports and being goofy! I love superhero movies, going for walks, taking naps, giggling and reading.
My most favourite thing to do is read. I am a voracious reader. If you have a favourite book, I want to hear about it! Please tell me! Here are some of my favourites:
- the Harry Potter series, by J.K. Rowling
- the Percy Jackson series, by Rick Riordan
- The Running Dream, by Wendelin Van Draanen
- Out of My Mind, by Sharon Draper
- Loki's Wolves, by K.L. Armstrong and M.A. Marr
- Odin's Ravens, by K.L. Armstrong and M.A. Marr
- Thor's Serpents, by K.L. Armstrong and M.A. Marr
- Kid President's Guide to Being Awesome, by Brad Montague and Bobby Novak
- Fish in a Tree, by Lynda Mullaly Hunt
- Rules, by Cynthia Lord
- OCDaniel, by Wesley King
- Tough Guys(Have Feelings Too), by Keith Negley
- The Total Tragedy of a Girl Named Hamlet, Erin Dionne
- Greetings from Somewhere series, by Harper Paris
- The Ascendance Trilogy, by Jennifer A. Nielsen
- Stanford Wong Flunks Big-Time, by Lisa Yee
- so many more I don't have room to type them all!